Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Monday, August 01, 2005
What Is Luck?
My previous post touched about luck in one paragraph.

As I keep wondering where my good luck is and if there’s any at all, out of a sudden, I realized that I did have some. Everyone has at least grumbled about something before, no? For one good example, we complain about having bad luck in life.

What is your definition of good luck and bad luck? To what extend, would you consider a good encounter a good luck? (I suppose anything unwanted is considered bad luck haha) You see, sometimes in life, human beings like us bite more than we can chew. We never stop expecting the best for ourselves and keep asking for more, in this case, more good luck. So, we tend to oversee the good lucks we’ve had or the ones we are having rite now. Good luck comes in many forms but for the time being, I could only categories them in 2 forms. First would be in monetary form and the other would be in love. Hmm..let’s see~

If you’re born in a filthy rich family, ie you are able to enjoy the luxuries without you know how to walk and talk yet, isn’t that such a good luck? I could understand well how some other ppl would react or had reacted to that. I’ve heard about it and that reaction/action is not surprising…it’s just the matter of whether or not that person dares to speak it out, ie on what he/she would do if they were in your shoes and stuff. Coz hey, not everyone has the guts to say/complain about that in front of the rich fella. So, juz thank these outspoken ppl for their honesty. I guess most of us on this earth would have dreamt before for being born rich and being one someday.

Admit it. Anyway, if you’re not born rich, then you’re not. If you can become rich one day, then good for you. As for me, living an average life, in a average income earning family is already more than I could asked for. Yes I do envy people with big houses, big cars, extra money to spend and stuff, come on, who wouldn’t. But then again, I’m contended with what I have now, coz I know I’m way much luckier in terms of monetary than some others poorer ppl out there. You know, once my cousin brother who is working as an agent in Uptrend (the MLM business), asked me this.

Cousin: Don’t you wanna earn more money? U earn around RM1000-RM2000 per month usually, but in this kind of business, it can earn you more. You think earning a few thousands like our dads is enuf??

So I said to him that everyone has diff definition of being rich. To one, having RM1000 is rich; to another, RM10,000 is rich…so ultimately it all depends on how you see it. I also told him that if I have enuf to spend, if ‘cukup makan’ adi then okla…must be thankful and contented. Or else, ur life will only be about going after more and more money without ending. It’s kinda philosophical. I tried to convey my main point to him that not everyone only cares about making big bucks in their life and everybody has their own preferred way of earning money and living life. Btw, I dunno if I will say the same thing 10 or 20 years down the road. I might, or I might not. It’s hard to tell, you know. But I do hope my life won’t be wasted by chasing after more and more money though thus forgetting about other purposes in life.

Another type of good luck would be in the form of love. Have you ppl ever thought of this…I wonder. If you have the love from your family, isn’t that already an ultimate and biggest good luck you can ever have? If you’re aware of that, then what about the case of a fren who cares for your well-beings or will love you unconditionally? Or won’t you feel lucky enuf to have ppl who would be willing to even take your bad lucks for you, with only condition to not letting any bad at all happen to you? It’s still forgivable if you’re not able to accept these good lucks but shame on those who do not see it as good luck. Plus, if you having met someone you know would sacrifice for your sake, be it your family members, frens…and if you’re still too dumb to feel lucky, then I really question what kind of other ‘super-luck’ you’re searching for man, seriously! I wonder what’s in your head to make you such a loser, IF there exists this kind of ignorance.

So, my dear readers, pls take a short moment to think about it before you start complaining you never have good luck or is constantly looking for more, better, good lucks without realizing existing ones, only after reading this reminder post of mine…

Ciao…gtg looking for my job luck now coz it will never come by itself. Perhaps the third general form of luck is the one that won’t come freely, the one you need to earn yourself, unlike the two I’ve pointed out...

‘I love you for free but I’m not your mother and you don’t even bother’- Taken from Shakira’s Objection.

Post a Comment